• t.me/earthdenizens
  • info@earthdenizens.org
  • Earth
Killer Threats to Killer Whales

Killer Threats to Killer Whales

Recent news of killer whales sinking boats may bring to mind Jaws or Moby Dick. But before we decide that orcas are sadistic jerks out for personal revenge, consider another possible explanation. The behavior could be symptomatic of environmental stresses, like loss of prey, that orcas are experiencing around the world. The orcas also might just be playing around. We […]

Neptune’s Harvest: Organic Fertilizer From Seafood Byproducts

Neptune’s Harvest: Organic Fertilizer From Seafood Byproducts

Truly sustainable businesses avoid waste by turning byproducts into high-value products. Yet, waste and high disposal costs plagued the fishing industry in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and beyond. The fillet comprises just 30% to 40% of the fish. But for the fishing industry, the remaining 60% to 70%, called gurry, consists of bones, guts, fins, scales, and organs. Disposing of the gurry […]